IFTI experts identify the ideal approach to concrete moisture testing in different markets and execute precision installation plans to completion.
The actual process of installing new flooring doesn’t change significantly from one project to the next, whether it’s a medium-sized retail store, a hospital, or a large-scale commercial building, but the planning and execution of each project may vary significantly. Over the years, IFTI has established efficient and effective systems and procedures for the proper execution and timing of concrete moisture tests in any type of commercial environment. Our solutions team works with Architects, Project Managers, Estimators, Facilities Managers, Directors of Operations, and General Contractors throughout the life of the project in the capacity that serves you best.
For any project IFTI is involved in, IFTI’s solutions team can compile and present:
- Research: IFTI’s experts will research the recommended moisture tolerances for any products that will be used in a project, as well as the manufacturer’s ASTM F2170 relative humidity threshold for finished floor products and adhesives.
- Project proposal: This will include detailed information regarding the required concrete moisture tests and deadlines, and the costs.
- Specifications Interpretation and Articulation: Our experts will analyze, interpret, and clarify specifications so that a clearly articulated, user-friendly plan can be made available and accessible to anyone involved in the project.
- Concrete Moisture Testing Reports: We provide quantitative concrete moisture test readings based on specifications that manufacturers have created for their products. These readings help assess the proper preparation or mitigation systems necessary to the concrete slab, helping to eliminate future flooring problems and create the conditions that virtually guarantee a successful installation and warranty compliance.
- Inspection Reports: Whether you need preventative concrete moisture tests, a risk management system, or a failure analysis investigation, our field technicians are equipped to inspect the various factors that contribute to flooring failures or flooring installation success, and provide detailed reports and recommendations. These include:
- Floor survey: Whether the flooring is failing, is scheduled to be replaced, or has just been installed, IFTI can observe and comment on the existing conditions of the flooring system.
- Subslab Conditions Inspection (Coring): our subslab condition inspection will core through the concrete slab and determine the presence and location of the vapor retarder.
- Installation Inspection (site audit): Our on-site audits will ensure that you are aware of any issues, and all observations made during these audits will be compiled into a report with photo documentation.
- Photo survey: If needed, we can provide a comprehensive photo survey of an existing floor. Using high resolution cameras and cloud storage, you’ll have many high quality photos at the tip of your fingers.
- Interactive 3D Mapping: Using cutting edge 3D mapping software, IFTI can capture your entire project in HD.
On time, on budget.
It is common for a retail chain to open several dozen new stores and remodel another several dozen in the same year. When working with retail clients, we spend a great deal of our time on the front end of the project, helping to plan and establish standards for project scope, deadlines, cost, and specification review. This allows us to execute on a large number of projects simultaneously, with little involvement from the retailers once the standards have been established.
For large-scale commercial projects, planning is everything.
For large-scale commercial projects, planning is everything. For these types of projects, our solutions team will work with architects, designers, and engineers during the planning phase to develop a testing scope that fits within the project schedule and budget. Ideally, we like to get involved at the onset of the project, but we can also join the operation well into the execution phase. Regardless of when you choose to have IFTI involved in the process, we are capable of identifying and performing all inspections and specified concrete moisture tests on any size project throughout the United States and Canada.
In healthcare, you must get it right the first time.
In healthcare, there are no second chances. Improperly installed floors can break down and become dirt and germ traps. IFTI’s nationwide network of highly trained technicians allow us to confidently back the information provided in all of our concrete moisture test reports so that you can rest assured the job will be done right.
In our 20+ years in business, we can proudly say that we have never had to file a claim with our errors and omissions insurance. In addition to accurate, reliable information, we are also able to provide sustainable product solutions to ensure the safety of the patients.
Our IFTI team members and technicians are backed by twenty years of leadership and innovation in concrete slab moisture testing. We are passionate about what we do, and welcome any questions you might have for us.
Contact us at 800-490-3657 for a free consultation.